Sunday, October 4, 2015

Lunar Eclipses, Transfer Meetings and Prayers!

Woah okay so another week has gone by!! 
I went to Spanish Town twice this week... once on Tuesday for trainers meeting (which was amazing), and once on Thursday for transfer meeting!! Going to Spanish Town is always an adventure... I love it :) 

On Wednesday, we continued our weekly Chinese food in the air conditioning at the church after district meeting tradition. But this time we added a round of phase 10 to our lunch. 60 minutes of Chinese food and Phase 10 do a lot to help you feel ready to face the rest of the week :) 

Thursday, I picked up my new companion! Her name is Sister Tebo, she's from Texas, and she's a total sweetheart :) Funny story! She actually emailed me before she went into the MTC! When President Brown found that out, he told us that he had no idea that had happened when he made us companions. And that's how I know transfer calls are truly revelation :)

We saw a lunar eclipse last night! It was so cool!! We had called our district leader to give him our weekly call in report and instead of the usual "Hey this is Elder Palmer," when he picked up he just yelled "Quick go outside! There's a lunar eclipse!" and then we hung up. Well after I scared Sister Tebo a bit because I just ran out of the house without telling her what was going on (haha sorry Sister Tebo), we saw the lunar eclipse! It was so awesome haha. 

The women's meeting on Saturday was amazing. If you haven't watched it yet, you all need to watch it right now. So many prayers were answered!! You can watch it here: https://www.lds.org/general-conference/sessions/2015/10?cid=HP_SA_9-26-2015_dPTH_fGC_xLIDyL1-A_&lang=eng

And last but not least, I love this scripture!! 
"And I will also be your light in the wilderness; and I will prepare the way before you, if it so be that ye shall keep my commandments; wherefore, inasmuch as ye shall keep my commandments ye shall be led towards the promised land; and ye shall know that it is by me that ye are led." -1 Nephi 17:13
I love this scripture because every time I read it, I'm reminded how the Lord will always lead us through our live if we keep His commandments. As we rely on the Lord for guidance and we counsel daily with Him through prayer, we can truly reach our promised lands... wherever that may be in this life, and we will gain eternal life in the world to come! I am so grateful for that promise :) 

Okay I think that's it for this week. I love you all!!
xoxoxoxox,
Sister Oman 
Pictures!! 

Jamaica has turned me into a crazy dresser!!  Ha Ha, these are just my pajamas!!

Sister Blake and Zenadine

Our investigator named Tracy

Oh the traffic jams in old Harbour...sigh!!!

I saw Sister Slater again at transfer meeting!!

And family picture!!! My two daughters :) Aww how cute! 

Sister Garret, we're going to room together when she gets home from her mission.

The sky in Jamaica, never ceases to amaze me.

Sister Tebo, my new daughter!!  (Ha ha..that's what they call your companion when you train them.  I'm her mother and she's my daughter.)

Jamaica, oh how I love Jamaica.

Sister Tebo and Brother Thompson, a member who comes out teaching with us quite a bit.




No comments:

Post a Comment