Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Happy Tuesday Everyone!!!

Wat a gwaan! 
For once it seems like it's actually been a while since we emailed... probably because it's a Tuesday. Yesterday was Labor Day here, so everything was closed! That meant we had to switch our p-day :) 
I'd like to start off this email with a quote from my darling Sister Slater. She said, after hearing me talk about how tan I planned to be by the end of my mission, "Sister Oman. No matter how tan you get, you'll always be white." Haha. Thank you very much Sister Slater :) 
We're teaching this guy and we came over for our second lesson last week. He told us that he's ready to make a lot of changes in his life... including getting a lot of tattoos removed (which is like crazy expensive) because it just seems like the right thing to do. Woohoo! I'm so excited to work with him... we're having another lesson tomorrow and we are just too excited. 
We went to see a recent convert last week for a lesson. He has a ton of chickens in his yard and a lot of them have recently had babies. We got there a few minutes before he was ready so we were just waiting and I decided to catch one to hold. Which was all fine and dandy until it was time to give the baby back to her momma. I think the mom hadn't realized the baby was missing until I walked over to put it back... and man oh man she got sooooo upset. Long story short... I got chased all over the yard by a very angry momma chicken. Sister Slater and the member about died laughing and I just about died of fright. Haha. Adventures. 
Another day, we went to see a member who lives in a gated community. After the appointment we decided to walk and talk to people for a little bit. Bad idea. We got yelled at  by the security guard big time. So no more walking and talking to people in that community. One day we'll be allowed to share the gospel with them... we're praying for that at least. 
Sunday at church, a ton of people from the stake came to visit our little branch. And a lot of the people serving in the stake are from Portmore! Which means we had a lovely little Portmore reunion! Unfortunately I didn't have my camera with me so no pictures but it was so good to see everyone and catch up :) I love those people! 
Like I mentioned, yesterday was labor day so we got to do a bunch of service in our community! First thing in the morning, we went over and helped with the big project in our neighborhood for a while... sweeping the street and planting trees and painting the curbs. It was really fun and we got to talk to a bunch of cool people! After that, we spent a lot of the day at our branch president's house helping them clean their windows and whatnot. We ended the day of service by getting treats from the ice cream truck! It was a mighty good labor day :) 
Well I think that's about it for this week! I love you all, and I love hearing from you all! Thanks for keeping me updated on your lives!!! 
Have a wonderful week... and don't forget to study your scriptures every day! :) 
xoxoxoxoxo,
Sister Oman 
Brother Russell and I

The crab we found in a crab hole.


These cute little puppies technically belong to our neighbors but we feed them our leftover food so they always come over to say hi :) 

The chickens we caught in our neighbor's yard.

Chickens!!

All food should be Jamaican food. Haha.

I can't even escape Obama in Jamaica!!

This is the Jamaica I love :) Rainy day... not too hot. Beautiful hills and vegetation. Yes please! 






Old Harbour is tiny! This is the one street in town with a stoplight. And I thought Montrose was small! Haha. 

The clock tower in Old Harbor.



More Old Harbor Pics

Some children of one of our investigators!!

We're dorky sister missionaries at night :) 

This is how cashews grow!!

We ate purple Popsicles and our tongues were purple for hours

Giant moth that was there to welcome us home last night for dinner... yuck. 

No comments:

Post a Comment